Battery diagnostics and maintenance includes:
– Visual and physical inspection for loose connections, dirt, and corrosion
– Disconnecting and cleaning cable ends and battery terminals
– Applying a protective coating to prevent moisture and delay corrosion
– Replacement of worn or damaged cable ends
– Tightening cables to battery for optimal connection
– Testing to measure performance in harsh weather conditions
– If your battery has adequate capacity but still is losing its charge, further testing is required. This type of test includes determining the electrical draw of the starter and the output of the alternator.